Mystery and secret shoppers can be planted by RCI at bars, restaurants, retail shops, and other businesses to make sure that your staff is behaving according to company policy and procedure.
A mystery shopper is hired to investigate customer service and employee honesty at a business. Also known as a secret shopper, this investigator poses as a customer or client and tries to find out whether employees at a specific business are honest and helpful.
Mystery and Secret Shopper Investigation Related Infomation:
- Examples of behavior that can be caught by mystery shoppers:
- Bartenders pouring double shots and only ringing up singles
- Salesperson’s making unsanctioned or prohibited deals, or pocketing commissions without reporting
- Retail clerks only ringing up partial order
- Items that Mystery Shoppers can assist with:
- Alcohol/Tobacco Legal Compliance
- Integrity Audits
- Bar Spotting
- Competitive Intelligence Gathering
- Marketing Verification
- Compliance Audits
- Merchandising Verification
- Product Pricing
- Employee Background Checks
- Recognition and Incentive Programs Assistance
- Sales and Service Evaluations
- Hospitality, Quality, Speed, Cleanliness Evaluations
- Undercover Employees
- Related ICS Services
- Undercover Investigations
- Employee Screening Programs
- Retail Loss and Theft Prevention
- Physical Evidence and Forensics Services
- Personal Investigations
If you are suspicious that your employees are cutting corners or neglecting to follow the procedure and policies of your organization, you may want to have an undercover investigation of your staff. Mystery shoppers and secret shoppers can be planted at your place of business to find out if your suspicions are justified. At RCI, we provide mystery shopper services by planting trained personnel at your business who are familiar with your guidelines and policies and who will keep record of all of their interactions with your staff. This can be provided as a mystery shopper visit or as a hired employee who will work within your establishment with the existing staff as “one of the team” in order to obtain more detailed ongoing information about your employees and determine their compliance or lack thereof.
You may not realize this, but just one unhappy customer can bring damages to your business. Most customers won’t go to the manager and complain about a bad experience. For fear of confrontation, they will simply refrain from visiting the business again. On top of that, they will inform everyone they know about their bad experience. A good mystery shopper can get to the bottom of the problem before it costs you more money.
Additionally, customer surveys and incentive programs for customer feedback have been proven to be not as effective as mystery shopping. It has also been shown that most customers tend to be somewhat biased. However, RCI investigators are capable of offering you impartial information and evidence that can be used to support your ideal business model.
If you have noticed unexplained decreases in revenue and profits, or stock shortages that don’t show up in the books, then your business may be compromised. Your employees may be skirting policy and shorting you to line their own pockets. Mystery and Secret Shoppers are trained in your company’s policy and know what is to be expected of your staff when they are planted at your place of business. They will ask pre-written questions and request specific services to make sure that your staff is behaving according to policy. Call RCI today and let us explain the whole process for you during a free consultation.
Please be prepared, a Free Consultation for this investigation type may request the following information:
- Will you need these services on a regular or recurring basis?
- Are there any limitations you would need to put on this investigation? (Please explain in detail)
- Are you developing a bid for this matter?
- By what date do the services need to be complete?
- Please check all that apply to your due diligence efforts:
- Describe the circumstances and requirements of your case to us. Please include any and all information that may be important. Even the most minor detail can be considered helpful. (The Story)
- Please understand that the funding for your case may vary depending on the complexity. So that we may help you, what range of funding would you estimate to be affordable for this matter?
- What have you done on your own to this point? (This can be very critical to success)
- What is your role?
- What type of case do you categorize this matter?
The staff at RCI International Process Service and Investigations (RCI) are waiting to hear from you at (410) 693-8992 or you may email your requirements to us at email@example.com.